Ades Battle Ships are large warships created by the Ades Federation.
These ships have a very unusual propulsion system. The translational motion is provided by rotation of a closed strip of air-raking panels seemingly inspired by tank treads, which these slow and heavily armored ships seem to resemble. According to Fam Fan Fan, these ships were slow, and hard on maneuvering.
The Ades Battle Ships are armed with several cannons, guns and anti-air autocannons which can destroy battleships, vanships and forces, and are clad in armor. They also have docking and launching bays for vanships, notably the Glacies Rocket Fighters which were seen launching from the battleships of the Fifth Fleet during the battle over Boreas. (Note it apears only some of these ships have the ability to launch vanships, as the Boreas battle second part involved the Glaces squadron downing the carriers to acheive vanship superioroty.)
Finally, the Ades Battle Ships are able to launch torpedoes and depth charges as well as bombs for ground and air bombardment.
Classifications of Ades BattleshipsEdit
Although no official detailed specs are released yet, Ades warships may be classified to the following classes as hinted in the series.
- Old Federal Battleship Class
- These first generation ades battleships are largely deemed obselete by the Ades navy. though old some of this ships still serve in the first fleet and provincial fleets, others were sold as a military surplus or to nobles to serve as a private transport ship.
- It is worth noting that ships of this class have a peculiar weakness: the pipelines carrying their Claudia fuel are exposed underneath them. If they are somehow ruptured by even a small projectile, as Fam and Millia demonstrated in Anshar's case, the fuel will leak and the ship will be unable to maintain its flight.
- Ship-of-the Line Class
- These second generation battleships are the upgraded variant of the old federal battleship, still retaining its bow profile the difference is its enlarged hull and scaled up rotary propeller treads, So far in the series only three ships of this class appeared in combat: the Anshar, Prince of Victorius, and Anaitis.
- Fleet Battleship Class
- These third generation battleships are the staple ships of the Ades navy. Newer variants of these ships are assigned to the Third and Fourth Fleets and are the most powerful ships in the Ades navy, utilizing a superior fire power and speed. notable ships in this class are the Impetus, Raktavija, Admirari, and Senapati.
- High speed Battleship Class
- The Fourth Fleet's primary battleship type, of which the Senapati appears to be a slightly modified version of.
- Seige Battleship Class
- Shown in the battle of Turan and later in the picture thrown on the table by Vasant, these ships appear to have a very large bomb strapped underneath. They are likely modified to carry such heavy ordinance.