- Episode Title: Fool's Mate
- Episode Number: 02
- Series: Last Exile - Fam, The Silver Wing
- Original Air Date: 10/22/2011
Liliana gives Millia a letter for their father, King Turan, then tells Fam Fan Fan and Giselle Collette to bring her to Iglasia. Liliana plans to use the Lasas to launch a surprise attack against the Impetus and kill Luscinia Hāfez. She bargains with Atamora Collette for the support of the Sky Pirates in exchange for wheat, Claudia, and a trade agreement.
Fam and Giselle deliver Millia to King Turan. The king then instructs them to evacuate Millia to safety of the Imperial Villa.
Dio Eraclea informs Fam and Giselle of Liliana's capture. At Millia's urging, they head to the battle to save her. They infiltrate the ship through a crack in the rotary propellers and reach the bridge, where Luscinia is holding Liliana. Luscinia reveals that the people of Turan originally fled Earth in an Exile during the age of calamity, then later returned. The six crescent moons in the sky are all Exiles. He does not believe that people who abandoned Earth have a right to return to it, and plans to eradicate Turan.
Millia fires Giselle's signal gun at Luscinia, but he speaks a phrase similar to a Mysterion, causing a reaction from Liliana. The Ades fleet retreats as the Turan Exile descends on Iglasia. When the Iglasian defenses open fire on it, Exile annihilates the city with its tentacles.
- Ades Battle Ships
- Turan Battle Ships
- Sky Pirate Ships
- Fool's Mate, also known as the Two-Move Checkmate, is the quickest possible checkmate in the game of chess. It received its name because it can only occur if White plays extraordinarily weakly (i.e., like a fool).
- The letter within the message tube that Millia gives her father reads as follows in English with Greek letters:
- Dear Father
- About the invasion of Imperial
- The invasion and occupation of
- International Socialist Review, September / October ξξ
- The invasion and occupation of Iraq is one of the greatest crimes in the hi
- story of imperialism. According to a study published in the British medica
- l journal, the Lancet, there were VIOV,IIVIIO
- excess deaths between IIX V VIII and IIX IV II attributable to the occupation.
- The United Nations reports that the United States had created the biggest
- refugee crisis in Middle East since the Israeli expulsion of Palestinians
- in 1948. Iraq, which once had the living standards of Greece in the 1970s,
- Faction: Amarr Em, Therm
- Mission type: Encounter
- Extras: Tracking disruption (Imperial Forian)
- Web/scramble: None so far.
- Recommended dealing: EM, Therm dealt
- now falls below Burundi as one of the poorest countries on the planet.
- And it is coming apart under the stress of a civil war that
- [...]ss of a civil war that the U.S. orches
- [...]States Index, ispued by the Fu
- [...]n the
- Surrounding King Turan's bed is a decorative floor with Greek words. The yellow-on-gray is unreadable but the yellow-on-blue reads: "the twin sisters made [t]he earth to beautiful world" (τηε τωιν σιστερσ μαδε [τ]ηε εαρτη το βεαυτιϕυλ ωορλδ).